Establishing a strong internet presence has become mandatory for any business in a world where everything is online. This is why Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is important to attract more traffic. SEO helps you with increased visibility and traffic to your site.
There isn’t a specific strategic approach to Search Engine Algorithms as they keep evolving. But what we have are tools to help keep track and help optimize your site to rank higher. There are many optimization tools out there on the market and we will narrow it down.
Well, no beating around the bush. You want a guide on some of the best SEO tools out there to help you rank better. In the blog, we discuss the best SEO tools to take your site to the next level.
Note: Most of the tools given below are free to use but have most of their content blocked behind a paywall. We recommend you check out their pricing as they are subject to change over time. All the numbering for these tools is done in no specific order.
If you want another free-to-use list, check our blog on Best Free SEO Tools.
Best SEO Tools To Take Your Website To The Next Level
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider
Ahrefs is a notable name in the field of SEO. It is a powerful SEO tool used by many digital marketers to analyze, optimize and track their online metrics. While Ahrefs is a pay-to-use tool, it still provides some free-to-use tools for website owners. Some Free Ahrefs Tools are:
Ahrefs Webmaster Tool is a powerful free-to-use tool that allows users to monitor their website’s SEO health. It consists of all elements such as backlinks, organic and paid searches, keywords, site audits and so much more.
While yes it is still limited, It’s a great tool for starters or people who want to improve their SEO and marketing efforts. Users can easily view their crawl errors and identify which keywords have been organically listed. To get started, simply click on the link here.
Please note that you will need to verify the ownership of your website to use the free tools.
Other tools for people to use are Ahrefs broken link checker, site explorer, SEO extension toolbar, and keyword generator that generates keyword ideas based on a primary keyword. Site Explorer analyzes the quality and quantity of inbound links, marketers can identify opportunities to improve their website’s authority and credibility with search engines. This feature however is extremely limited on a free-to-use version. We’re yet to talk about the paid features yet.
One of Ahrefs’ key features is its Site Explorer, which allows users to gain insights into their website’s backlink profile. By analyzing the quality and quantity of inbound links, marketers can identify opportunities to improve their website’s authority and credibility with search engines. Site Explorer provides information on top-performing pages, organic search traffic, and keyword rankings.
It also comes with a lot of powerful tools, but that’ll be for you to explore.
- Comphresneive and up-to-date backlink analysis
- Well-documented and easy to navigate
- Constantly adding newer features for more in-depth insights into your website performance
- Has free tools for people to use
- Free tier: Access to Webmaster Tools, 5000 crawls per month
- Lite: $99 per month, or $83 per month if paid yearly
- Standard: $199 per month, or $166 per month if paid yearly
- Advanced: $399 per month, or $333 per month if paid yearly
- Enterprise: $999 per month, or $833 per month if paid yearly
Coming up next on the best SEO tools we have SEMrush. Like Ahrefs, SEMrush is an advanced SEO tool that gears up a user with all the useful information to increase their traffic. And yes, most of its features are also locked behind a subscription. Let’s run down its tools and consider if it’s worth paying.
SEMrush offers a wide range of features such as in-depth SEO analysis, backlink profile, keyword ranking, and advertising analysis tools. Advertising analysis is a notable feature of the tool that helps users identify their competitor’s strategies. Knowing what your competitor is up to is the biggest advantage you can get.
Additionally, you will get content marketing, market research, advertising, social media, and agency tools at your disposal. With such powerful tools in your hands, it’s sure to produce notable results.
SEMrush’s features make the tool a valuable asset to any SEO enthusiast or digital marketer.
- Advertising insights with competitor information
- Social media management
- Has the good quality of life features
- Free Trial
- Free tier: Limited access to tools with 10 requests a day
- Pro: $119.50 per month, or $99.95 per month if paid yearly ( 7 Days Free Trial )
- Guru: $229.95 per month, or $191.62 per month if paid yearly ( 7 Days Free Trial )
Just like the previous tools, Moz Pro is a popular SEO tool that offers a wide range of features to help users optimize their websites for search engines. Let’s learn why it’s on the list of the best SEO tools in the current market.
One of the most appealing aspects of Moz Pro is its keyword research function which offers insights into search volume data alongside difficulty rankings. It’s basically got most of the SEO tools that you’ll ever need.
Custom report-making options allow businesses to professionally package and share vital SEO data with employees or clients almost effortlessly. It also features a spider tool to audit your website and highlight possible issues and recommendations to fix them.
Moz Pro does provide users with a free trial to test out the initial features. The tool has many features that make it an excellent choice for businesses of all sizes to help improve their website’s search engine rankings.
- Comprehensive SEO Toolset
- Custom Reporting feature
- Easy to Use
- All of Moz Pro’s plans come with 24-hour online support.
- Free trial: 30 Days
- Standard: $99 per month, or $79 per month if paid yearly
- Medium: $179 per month, or $143 per month if paid yearly
- Large: $299 per month, or $239 per month if paid yearly
- Premium: $599 per month, or $479 per month if paid yearly
4. Screaming Frog SEO Spider
While all the tools given above objectively do the same thing, this one’s different. Screaming Frog SEO Spider is primarily a website crawler, i.e. it falls more on the technical side of things. The tool allows a user to identify technical SEO issues on their website.
Read more on the complete Technical SEO Guide You’ll Ever Need
Since the tool is just focused on one aspect, it does that best. The SEO spider crawls websites quickly and efficiently giving users detailed reports on technical issues. Broken links, duplicate content, missing pages, redirects, metadata, and more.
Screaming Frog SEO Spider does have a free version, however, as expected is limited. The free version of the tool allows users to crawl up to 500 URLs on a single website and can also export data but this feature is limited to CSV files only.
If you want a tool that addresses your technical SEO issues, then Screaming Frog SEO is the way to go.
- Detailed technical website analysis
- Strong crawling tools to identify root problems
- Customizable reports
- Has a free-to-use version
- The license for a year costs 259 US dollars but varies if you want multiple.
- 1 to 4 Licenses come to 259 US dollars per license annually
- 5 to 9 Licenses come to 245 US dollars per license annually
- 10 to 19 Licenses come to 235 US dollars per license annually
- 20+ Licenses come to 225 US dollars per license annually.
Now this one is for digital marketers, or so people say. Woorank is a powerful SEO tool that provides users with an in-depth analysis of their website’s SEO performance. It’s not that different from other traditional SEO tools but stands out a bit in the field of social media and marketing.
Another unique feature of WooRank is its competitor analysis tool, which allows users to compare their website’s performance against their competitors. This provides valuable insights into how they can improve their search engine rankings and gain a competitive advantage.
Woorank tool offers a range of features to help users identify technical issues, optimize their website’s content, and improve their search engine rankings.
- Gives mobile and social media analytics
- Competitor analysis with customizable reports
- Free trial: 14 days
- Pro: $79.99 per month, or $53.25 per month if paid yearly
- Premium: $199.99 per month, or $133.25 per month if paid yearly
- Enterprise: Contact them for a personalized rate
Note: You get 4 months free if you pay for the yearly subscription
SEO tools help you save time and increase your efficiency. It streamlines the process and automates time-consuming tasks with analytics, keyword research, and monitoring. Imagine having to do that all manually, finding the correct data with precision would have been impossible. Tools help point out errors and solutions that we would have not gotten manually.
We have given the 5 best SEO tools to help you in your SEO journey. Always use tools to help your SEO for an edge against your competitors.